Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Book II, Chapter 0: Hydrogen and Oxygen

Call me Ishmael. It's not my name, but your using it would make me laugh. Laughing is fun. I'm Wilhelm Mikhail Zurn, but my friends call me Wil. I suppose you could, too. We're not exactly friends, but you're obviously a reader with discriminating tastes, and I can work with that.

A while ago,some strange stuff happened. It was the interesting kind of strange, so I thought I'd write it all down and try to get it all straight in my own head. Of course, there's always the possibility of publication, sales, royalty checks and such, and those are neat, too. Plus, I really do love telling stories. Anyway, I've found that the best place to begin these things is at the beginning, if there is such a thing. There is, in this case. It begins at about 9:30 PM, on December 15th, 2009. As it opens, our intrepid protagonists are sitting around a fireplace, drinking various warm beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment